This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Administrative Assistant for School Age and Camp position at the Valley Shore YMCA is responsible for delivering high quality customer service, the billing and collection of funds, registration requirements, OEC licensing requirements, and preparing records and reports needed to effectively run the operation of the department.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- System set up of programs into computer system and process all registrations, enrollments, transfers and terminations for assigned programs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares bills for all assigned programs in a timely and accurate manner, including 3rd party, government billing and tax statements.
- Sets up and maintains payments for assigned programs and updates expiring credit cards
a. Researches inquiries and billing disputes for assigned programs
b. Processes collection efforts for past due balances and ensure Daxko Collections Manager and Return Manager are up to date
c. Processes refunds to members and campers as needed
- Creates rosters and assists Program Director with Daxko reporting
- Attends and participates in program activities, staff meetings, and staff training and works directly with children at assigned sites, as needed
- Responsible for following and maintaining Office of Early Childhood Education (OEC) Licensing requirements at assigned sites, including
a. OEC Registry and BCIS (Background Check Info System) updating and management
b. Staff onboarding paperwork and record keeping for assigned sites
- Deliver exceptional service by remaining positive, listening, and communicating with respect to members, staff, and youth; uphold YMCA policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others