In an authentically diverse community reflective of Los Angeles, New Roads prepares young people for life by developing in them a personal dedication to learning, a respect for independent thinking, an expanding curiosity about the world and its people, and a commitment to the common good.
New Roads School is seeking a skilled and motivated coach to assist New Roads students in reaching their highest potential. A coach who will put our students first, strive to educate the whole person, and make a difference in their lives. Responsibilities for this position include planning, organizing, and delivering appropriate coaching and providing guidance to student-athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in the sport of Girls Basketball.
Position/Title: Head Varsity Coach, Girls Basketball
Practice Begins: August 2022
Regular Season Ends: February 4, 2023
CIF Playoffs: CIF-SS playoffs begin on February 7 and continue to CIF State Championship on March 10 or 11.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain open professional, and respectful communications with students, parents, teachers, and the athletics department.
- Coaches will assist all individuals in their sport to grow socially and emotionally through the use of positive feedback and timely and sensitive communication.
- Being in charge of the entire Girls Basketball program. Coach the varsity squad and supervise all assistant coaches.
- Ensure that all coaches work together toward a common goal within their respected programs.
- Work with the athletics department to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements (i.e., facilities, transportation, camps, etc.).
- Communicate practice times, contest schedules, and other time commitments in writing to all members of their sport.
- Coaches must keep informed and up to date on CIF and Coastal League rules.
- Maintain inventory of all uniforms and equipment within the program.
- Coaches will attempt to promote school spirit, team spirit, and cohesiveness