Who We Are:
Neighborhood Health Center is a non-profit organization local to Portland, OR serving underserved patients in the areas of primary care, internal medicine, dental services and more. Our patient-centered approach to care honors the unique needs and circumstances of each individual patient. NHC sees people, not problems, and recognizes that the time spent as a patient in a doctors office is only one factor in a persons overall health. Our leading edge, integrated clinical teams work in partnership with patients, their families, and the communities we serve to provide whole-person care, prevention, and ongoing support.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences in the workplace and do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work with us?
- We are a non-profit organization, passionate about providing the underserved population with medical and dental services across the greater Portland area, committed to making a difference daily.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 20 days of PTO (based on full time employment), 9 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, quarterly wellness reimbursements, generous 401k retirement plan with employer match, employer paid disability insurance, EAP and life insurance.
- Our employees voted NHC a Top Workplace in 2020, 2021 and 2022!
Job Title: Clinic Manager
Reports To: Director of Primary Care Operations
Work Type: On-Site
Language Differential: Eligible
Under the direction and support of the Director of Primary Care Operations, this position is responsible for facilitating a collaborative approach to compassionate and integrated care, while partnering with clinicians and operational leadership to provide effective and proactive management of clinic operations. The Clinic Manager is responsible for ensuring that clinic operational and financial goals are met in order to achieve organizational priorities.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures delivery of comprehensive patient care in accordance with standard work and established policies and procedures.
- Performs interviews, hiring/firing, and corrective action activities in partnership with manager and Human Resources.
- Conducts regular and timely performance reviews, including one-on-one meetings to clarify results, encourage development and develop performance plans.
- Creates an environment to promote ongoing learning and personal growth.
- Conducts standard work audits to ensure team leader and team member compliance.
- Collaborates with manager and other leaders to develop, implement, and update policies and procedures related to site operations.
- Conducts staff meetings for effective communication of site, service area, and organization information.
- Recognizes and responds to operational opportunities and the need for additional staffing, training, etc.
- Understands provider productivity needs, manages the schedule daily to ensure productivity, and uses creative strategies to fill open slots and patient no-shows.
- Promotes and facilitates team resolution of problems and conflicts related to clinic operations, staffing, and patient/customer service issues. Provides solutions when needed.
- Monitors clinic office supplies, clinical supplies, and equipment through delegation as appropriate, within established budget range.
- Evaluates metrics and department performance.
- Executes process improvement initiatives within site.
- Continually maintains and evaluates metrics and site performance.
- Maintains visual management boards and shares with team to ensure sustainment.
- Maintains and facilitates open communication with team leads and team members.
- Performs duties in a manner that reflects and is a role model for behavior expectations and clinic policies.
- May staff in case of emergency.
- Directly supervises up to 15 employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.