Gotham Greens is seeking a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor to oversee the food safety and sanitation programs at our brand-new Dallas-Seagoville, TX greenhouse facility. This role will be responsible for guiding implementation and execution of all food safety and hygiene programs to provide safe, high-quality products that exceed customer expectations and comply with regulatory measures. As the FSQA Supervisor, you will partner with the Operations team to implement strategies that will ensure that the necessary tools, supplies, and equipment are available to perform safety and quality tasks effectively.
The ideal candidate is well informed on microbiology, food production, agriculture, and embraces Gotham Greens core values and mission. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly organized scientist to join a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
What You'll Do
- Guide and oversee implementation of our food safety programs at our new Texas-based facility
- Continuously train production employees and supervisors on best practices and latest protocols in food safety and quality. Work with operations leadership to maintain, oversee and enforce policies to ensure employee compliance.
- Assist Operations team with food safety trainings and hourly personnel onboarding
- Proactively seeks out food safety risks, or deviations from SOPs and brings them to the attention of direct supervisor and plant leadership
- Supervise sanitation lead and technicians and is responsible for payroll and employee reviews. Provides knowledge as related to: Environmental Monitoring, equipment troubleshooting, best practices
- Verify and assure compliance with established food safety and quality objectives through daily monitoring programs, employee supervision, and industry benchmarking
- Lead and troubleshooting, problem solving and change management as it relates to safety and quality programs
- Partner with operations leaders on driving continuous process improvement
- Work independently, but remain in constant communication with the Senior Manager of Food Safety & Quality Assurance
Who You Are
- Bachelors Degree: ecology, microbiology, or agriculture preferred
- 3+ of relevant experience in food safety and quality assurance
- Experience working with third party audits
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and Regulatory requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills & ability to communicate technical information in an easily understandable way
- Knowledge of various pathogens and microbes associated with food production.
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to influence and engage many types of people internally and externally to the company
- Has experience supervising and motivating others to achieve team goals
- Experience in specialty food, agriculture, natural and organic CPG a plus
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in rapid growth environments
- Passionate commitment to company vision
- Appreciation of sustainable agriculture and food
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 95% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.