Food & Water Watch is working to create a healthy future for all people and generations to come—a world where everyone has food they can trust, clean drinking water and a livable climate. Making this happen requires involving people in the pressing issues of our time at the local, state, and federal level, building on one win after another, as we develop a larger movement that has the political power to make our democratic process work.
The Eastern PA Organizer will report to the Pennsylvania State Director and will work with other national organizing staff, regional field staff, and policy/research staff to support FWW’s work targeting fossil fuel infrastructure and fracking projects in Eastern Pennsylvania.This is a Bargaining Unit/Union Position. The Organizer will have 5 main responsibilities:
- Advance Outreach strategy
- Help development campaign strategy for communities impacted by fossil fuel infrastructure projects
- Develop and carry out tactics that will move forward this strategy, and bottomline the rollout of these tactics
- Build grassroots volunteer infrastructure
- Recruit and support volunteers in effective actions
- Maintain campaign data
- Develop volunteer roles that will advance our campaign strategy, and build volunteers’ investment in our campaign by plugging them into these roles
- Represent Food & Water Watch
- Represent Food & Water Watch at public events and with local media
- Participate in membership recruitment and fundraising for Food & Water Watch
- Build coalition: Maintain close relationships with and engage local coalition allies
- Other duties as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Build a strong base of organizations and individuals in support of our campaigns.
2) Work with a team to develop strategic campaign plans including long- and short-term goals, strategies and tactics.
3) Work closely with team and partner organization to develop and implement joint strategies.
4) Participate in coalitions on campaign issues and implement grassroots organizing and public education campaigns.
5) Speak at public events, forums, and other venues, and serves as a representative of Food & Water Action/Watch to the public and the media.
6) Assist in building the capacity and leadership of volunteers and allied grassroots organizations by offering training and organizing support.
7) Assist in building the capacity and leadership of volunteers and allied grassroots organizations by offering training and organizing support.
8) Develop educational materials such as factsheets, action alerts, web site content and newsletter articles on various campaign issues. Maintain an activist database and email lists to effectively communicate to members and supporters.
9) Regularly report on work to supervisors and donors.
10) Participate and/or develop non-partisan electoral strategies and tactics for either/both Food and Water Watch (c3) and Food and Water Action (c4).
11) Participate in membership recruitment and fundraising for Food & Water Action/Watch.
12) Carry out other projects as assigned.
13) Support Our Culture of Philanthropy: Demonstrate an understanding of the essential role of our members and supporters, and consistently serve as an ambassador for FWW/FWA and our work. Participate in or attend events and other activities as appropriate that are organized for our supporters and donors. Be cognizant of fundraising opportunities and share contacts and information that will help build and sustain FWW/FWA.