This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Assistant Teacher at the Valley Shore YMCA maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals, promotes the potential of all youth, and provides a quality experience to both youth and their families.
- Supervises the children within the classroom, playground and during all program activities.
- Assists in the planning and development of activities and curriculum-based learning opportunities.
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environments are safe and support youth development.
- Communicates effectively with children to teach and role model character development of four core values of Caring, Honest, Responsibility and Respect.
- Develops and maintains relationships with children and their caregivers
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with school personnel and YMCA colleague
- Assures compliance with all YMCA policies and procedures and State of Connecticut licensing standards
- Other tasks and projects as assigned