About For Our Future:
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a communitys collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve peoples lives.
In 2018, we made over 9 million door knocks and held 1.3 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Gubernatorial offices, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats.
For Our Future will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The Deputy Director, Data Infrastructure & Reporting is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing a data & reporting ecosystem that empowers program through data integration and provides insight into active program for national stakeholders while empowering state staff to build flexible and responsive reports to manage complex and high volume field program. This person will work with For Our Futures data systems across multiple platforms, including field data management systems like VAN, analytics environments like the Catalist S tool, data warehouse systems, digital data management systems like Action Network, SMS communications tools like Hustle and MobileCommons, soft reporting systems in multiple platforms, and relational organizing tools and then visualizing that integrated data using tools like Tableau, Google Docs Reports, and other reporting systems. This role is responsible for managing successful data integration between all of these systems and managing identity resolution. Because we believe that the best program is highly informed by on-the-ground management, effective listening and communication skills are crucial for this role. Our reporting systems must allow for innovation while remaining true to a core set of principles, definitions, structures, and stylistic approaches. The Deputy Director is a core member of the Data & Analytics team and will be responsible for providing additional support to the team, and the national organization, as needed. This position will be funded through at least November 6, 2020.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as the administrator of For Our Futures database, including creating and overseeing processes for data management.
- Owning the development and maintenance of metrics definitions within a centralized reporting framework.
- Creating and maintaining national reports and dashboards illustrating program activity across states and departments, including field, digital, communications, and legal.
- Creating and supporting adaptation of template state-level reports that illustrate program activity in-state to support active program management.
- Work closely with the field team to establish and manage effective systems to track and evaluate program progress to goal for the organization, staff, and partners.
- Manage reporting & technical relationships with outside partners like America Votes and close funding partners to avoid redundancies.
- Manage integrity and availability of program data, including working with the partnerships team, in-state staff, and vendors to ensure partner data availability for accurate reporting.
- Promote a strong and inclusive culture within a team that is mission-driven, well-trained and set up for success in states.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as designated by the National Data & Analytics Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least one cycle of previous data management experience on an electoral or issue-based field campaign, including familiarity with VAN, is required. Successful candidates will likely have 2 - 3 cycles of experience working on an electoral or issue advocacy campaign.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and management of relational databases along with experience creating reports using data visualization & business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Google Data Studio.
- GIS (ArcGIS or QGIS) and mapping knowledge at an intermediate or higher level is highly preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of scripting tools like Python to automate internal data processes is highly preferred.
- Experience providing training on technical topics is highly preferred.
- Experience managing support using a ticketing system is preferred.
Successful candidates will display:
- Enthusiasm for building progressive power.
- An ability to work within and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- An aptitude for partner communication, specifically the ability to relay programmatic details to external and independent partners and funders.
- An ability to manage vendor relationships, including the ability to communicate the organizations technical needs concisely with multiple data vendors.
- Experience communicating technical subject matter (i.e. VAN, Excel) to a less technical audience, resulting in a more efficient program, and strong written communication skills.
- Solutions-oriented approach a willingness to take initiative and offer solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and an ability to meet deadlines, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly.
- Experience working in a coalition setting, particularly coalitions with labor partners, strongly preferred. Experience in engaging progressive organizations in dense urban areas, as well as suburban and rural areas, is preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field is preferred (Professional experience may be substituted for degree)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This position is located in Washington, D.C, and will perform work in an open office environment. Must be willing to occasionally travel and work long hours.
FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off per calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact a company representative.
Employment At Will
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as employment at will. This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing employment at will relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is at will, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at will status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.