IMPORTANT: During the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic we will remain open and continue hiring since we are an essential service provider as a Human Service Organization.
HOW TO APPLY: https://littlecity.org/careers/transfers/
As a key member of the ChildBridge Services management team, the Home Manager for the High Intensity Program is responsible for monitoring all aspects of the group home assigned, including, but not limited to, staffing, programming, Unusual Incidents, home budget, supplies (programmatic and environmental), and maintaining a home environment conducive to resident’s growth and development. S/he provides direct supervision to staff members to ensure that safety is observed, program implementation occurs as scheduled, and that issues related to maintenance of the physical plant are communicated and followed up with to maintain healthy and safe living environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staff Related Tasks:
- Provides administrative oversight to all staff issues including, but not limited to, hiring, supervising, mentoring, disciplining, and discharging staff.
- Completes all annual performance appraisals in a timely manner.
- Assists with scheduling and filling shifts and monitoring payroll.
- Offers crisis and staff support as needed.
- Ensures that staff remains in compliance with training and driving requirements.
- Provides regular supervision, on the job training/coaching, and feedback to staff during and off shift as needed.
- Holds home teams meetings, at a minimum, once per month to discuss issues pertaining to the home and the youth.
- Accountable for the completion of all shift documentation including but not limited to Shift Summaries, Home Logs, Transportation Logs, ABC sheets, MARs, Temperature Logs, Food Service Logs, and sign in/sign out sheets.
- Completes ADP, LOA, and coordinates other staff related needs/issues with HR.
- Responsible for being available to the home for front line support and back-up in accordance with the on-call schedule.
- Participates in an on-call and on campus rotation for management of campus (manager in charge (MIC) and Manager On Call (MOC).
- Maintains optimal relationship with DSPs working in his/her home and develops a “team” approach.
- Conducts staff training as needed and/or ensures that the staff trainings needs are met to work with the youth in the home.
- Assists in completing on the job training packets for new staff members.
- Provides administrative oversight to all home activities including, but not limited to, reviewing the daily home log, youth’s binders, and all appointments for the youth living in the home.
- Prepares and maintains a routine milieu programming schedule and ensures that staff members are following and implementing the schedule through direct observation and random checks. Ensures that all off unplanned off campus activities are approved by the Home Manager.
- Coordinates with the clinical therapist and case manager to implement individual schedules in line with the milieu schedule, as clinically appropriate.
- Ensures that ratios support schedules provided for optimal engagement for the youth as well as the DSPs.
- Maintains accountability for staff and child whereabouts on and off grounds.
- Collaborates closely with the clinical therapist and the case manager to familiarize himself/herself with treatment goals for each youth in the home and to ensure that youth’s treatment goals are met, and that the youth is making progress.
- Participates in meetings relevant to youth’s progress in treatment, as needed.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure that the home meets regulatory requirements.
- Maintains optimal and professional relationships with the youth and their family members. Maintains contact with parent/guardian when issues with their youth arise.
- Ensures that the home maintains optimum health and safety for residents and staff members.
- Monitors environmental needs, such as conditions of the home furniture, play materials, cleaning supplies, bedding, appliances, and reports needs to appropriate personnel and ensures that all needs are met in a timely manner. If problems occur, these are reported to the Assistant Director and/or Program Administrator of ChildBridge Services immediately.
- Completes and monitors all corrective action plans from routine environmental checks.
- Monitors the safety of outside play materials and play areas.
- Maintains accountability for environmental tasks, such as cleanliness of hygiene bins, completion of laundry and tracks youth’s clothing by marking each article of clothing with each youth’s name.
- Ensures that all issues with the home assigned vehicles are reported to the appropriate department.
4. Financial Responsibilities:
- Maintains financial responsibility for their home by returning the home debit card with receipts following each purchase, requesting funds in a timely manner, and with supporting documentation.
- Ensures that youth’s SSI funds are spent responsibly with the assistance of the case manager and clinical therapist.
- Manages monthly budget by tracking revenue and expenses. Participates in monthly financial review of his/her home.
5. Attends department meetings and other meetings as required by supervisors.
6.Home Manager is on call 24/7 for any major emergencies/crisis for his/her home or on campus, unless on an approved time off. It is the expectation that the Home Manager be reachable via cell phone provided by Little City foundation at any time, unless on approved time off.
7.Maintains a current American Heart Association certification in First Aid and CPR.
8. Successfully completes RBS Training, CPI Advance Training within 3 months of hire.
9. In collaboration with the Director and the Training Coordinator, create and sustain a method of on-going coaching and mentorship of Staff to ensure expertise in trained techniques.
10. Successfully completes Little City Foundation required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by Little City Foundation policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor. Actively participates in any professional development opportunities, as appropriate.
11. Completes all other professional duties as assigned by supervisor.