The Mechanical Tech is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of heavy equipment on well sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Slitting and cutting heavy duty conveyor belt and related products
- Cut, Splice, Lace, Vulcanize, Cold bond various rubber products
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on pumps, trailers and other equipment
- Perform repair on equipment including basic electrical, mechanical and minor tune-ups
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair various pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Perform diagnostic tasks to properly source parts and accurately repair related equipment
- Operate mechanical equipment, hand tools, forklifts and picking lifts
- Ensure proper fluid levels, change air filters, update service records and report repair requirements
- Repair and replace hoses and various parts as needed
- Maintain records related to P/M, oil inventory (usage), waste oil and fuel consumption
- Responsible for advising field operations of any equipment misuse
- Maintain appearance and operation of Company’s service truck.
- Complete all paperwork as necessary, including but not limited to work orders, parts requests, timecards, logs, pre-trip/post-trip inspections, etc.
- Review vehicle inspection reports and ensure all repairs will be made
- Perform all required DOT services and inspections; Keep up-to-date truck files and ensure that the Company is following all regulations
- Ensure that trucks are always in a safe operating condition
- Other duties as assigned