The Assistant Director of Admissions represents the College both on and off-campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. This position is the primary organizer of events including open houses, accepted student days, daily student visits and more.
The goals of the office are to identify those students most likely to be successful and graduate from Greensboro College, to enroll and retain students through graduation, and to assist students and parents through the admissions process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Campus Visit and Event program for the Admission Office.
- Recruit and enroll a targeted goal of new students.
- Implement an effective recruiting and enrollment plan for assigned territory.
- Provide innovative ways of communicating with high schools (and/or community/technical colleges) and guidance personnel as part of the team implementation of the communication flow.
- Advise and counsel prospective student and families on the College’s processes and eligibility requirements for admission.
- Conduct group information sessions, tours and represent the college during special programs, events and campus visits.
- Maintain knowledge of current financial aid policies and procedures for Federal, State and Institutional aid including an understanding of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Travel required. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Other duties as assigned.