New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network connecting healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records. NYeC supports providers in navigating the complex landscape of healthcare information technology provider assistance programs, practice transformation, vendor selection, Promoting Interoperability (formerly Meaningful Use) attestation, and health information exchange utilization. To date, NYeC has supported over 10,000 providers in practices of all sizes in implementing technologies and processes to improve healthcare delivery across New York State.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution – do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees hired on or after January 4, 2022, must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC’s policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date, unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief).
This highly dynamic team is seeking a Healthcare Data Analyst for the Data & Analytics Services team within NYeC to create, maintain, analyze, and update reports and data tables for internal and external stakeholders. This role has a hybrid work schedule. At this time, 1 day (Tuesday) is required in the office per week with the remaining days eligible to be worked remotely. This schedule is subject to change. This position can be operated out of the Albany or Manhattan office.
Reporting to the Director, Analytics, and working closely with other NYeC teams, the Healthcare Data Analyst will, among other tasks:
- Design reports and dashboards for use by program managers and external stakeholders;
- Analyze program data and prepares data trend reports drawing from multiple sources;
- Develop and analyze systems to obtain information or statistics vital to program success and operations;
- Partner with project managers to identify business needs and provide solutions for solving specific problems leveraging internal and/or external data and analytical techniques;
- Responsible for successful implementation of various standardized processes (e.g. Reporting), paying close attention to data quality;
- Perform custom analysis of disparate healthcare and information systems data, interpret results, and make recommendations about data collection methods, metrics definitions and evaluation methods to pertinent decision makers, based on analytic findings;
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation that describes in detail the specifications, design, and implementation of each analytics solution, particularly those created to support efficient data acquisition, aggregation, and analysis;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis regularly based on specific on-going projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in STEM or related field required;
- 3-4 years of related work experience analyzing data, healthcare experience preferred;
- Experience in technology implementation, clinical workflow development, and related data analysis;
- Experience with quantitative or statistical analysis of program data, and use of analysis and visualization software (Tableau and/or Power BI, R language, SAS);
- Familiarity with relational database software (such as MS SQL Server or MYSQL). The duties of this position involve significant programming in Structured Query Language (SQL); prior experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience or familiarity with Meaningful Use reporting, Clinical Quality reporting, Medicare and Medicaid claims data, ICD, CDA, and other healthcare related data and data structures, is a plus;
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel, and other standard office applications;
- Salesforce Enterprise administration and reporting experience a plus;
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects with tight deadlines at one time;
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with attention to quality of detail;
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
We consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, which may cause compensation to vary depending on your skills, experience, qualifications, and home office location (Manhattan, NY vs. Albany, NY). The annual base salary range for this role is $60,000 to $85,000. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, NYeC will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with NYeC. All compensation questions and comments should be directed to the HR Department representative during your application, interview, and hiring process.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at www.nyehealth.org. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.