Audiological and vestibular evaluation and interpretation for patients of all ages using otoacoustic emissions, audiometry, auditory brainstem response, electronystagmography, and tympanometry. Fitting and maintenance of hearing aids of all types.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive evaluations including patient history, otoscopy puretone and speech audiometry and test interpretation.
- Hearing aid selection, fitting and maintenance.
- Provision of baseline audiograms for industrial contracts.
- Referring to physician for medical services when necessary.
- Administering and interpreting auditory brainstem response testing and electronystagmography.
- Performs related work as required.
- Participation in professional development activities and affiliations.
- Provide accurate, timely testing information in an easily-understandable format for physicians and patients.
- Interpret testing results and make necessary recommendations regarding treatment and follow-up care.
- Select and fit appropriate amplification and provide necessary counseling for patients who are hearing aid candidates.
- Stay continuously informed of technological advances in hearing evaluation and treatment and incorporate such information into practice when possible.
- Work in close cooperation with ENT physician in diagnosis and treatment of hearing and vestibular disorders and other office procedures.
- Provide information for marketing purposes.
- Maintain professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere for patients and co-workers.