The Oak Hall Summer Program is pleased to announce that it has several openings for summer camp counselors. Our day camps serve kids in Early Childhood (Preschool-Kindergarten); Lower School (Grades 1-5); and Middle School (open for Grades 5-9) and counselors are needed in each division.
Your primary goal is to provide a challenging learning environment, a safe camp environment, supervision of campers, and a fun camp experience for the campers you work with throughout the day. Delivering camp wide programs, activities, and trips and leading discussions and activities for the camper with which you will be charged will be key duties during the eight weeks of the camp. Working with the Summer Camp Head Counselor, you will supervise and mentor the CIT staff for the program. We are looking for people with expertise in arts & crafts, outdoor education, indoor & outdoor sports, and enrichment (2)
Counselors would be expected to be onsite for a June agreement (June 5-June 30); a July agreement (July 3-July 28 with no camp July 4th); a full summer agreement (June 5-July 28 with no camp July 4th); or a hybrid agreement mutually agreed upon with summer leadership staff. FT Hours would be 8:30-4:15 three times weekly, 7:30-4:15 one day weekly, and 8:30-6:00 one day weekly. Salary is $13.00/hour.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate daily lessons and activities based on program objectives and philosophy
- Determine and submit supply orders - update supply inventory and needs on a weekly basis or as directed otherwise
- Maintain clean, safe, fun, and engaging activity site
- Integrate summer theme into daily lesson plans
- Maintain an accurate roster of camper attendance in group and class settings
- Work cooperatively with fellow camp staff
- Maintain and manage classroom property and supplies (includes all set up, clean up, and end of summer camp closing)
- Actively assist, as directed, during extended camp care, recess, lunch, special events, etc
- Attend all staff meetings
- Attend all staff orientations (mandatory for employment)
- Wear appropriate camp attire and designated camp tee shirt as required
- Ride on school bus and attend all camp trips as required.
- All other duties as assigned