Our mission is to help people fulfill their passion to make a difference for others. Non-profit and faith-based organizations depend on Qgiv to power their fundraising through our industry leading software and growing suite of products and services. We absolutely love the work our clients do and we’re looking for someone who can help them achieve their mission through the Software Engineer role.
“What would you say, you do here?”
We pride ourselves on building a quality product that empowers its users to make the world a better place!
As a Software Engineer, you’ll take business requirements and leverage Voice of Customer to help us build a world-class user experience. Collaborating with other members of the Product Team, you’ll gather requirements and implement the back-end infrastructure of new features and updates to our existing platform. When bugs in the system pop up, you’re able to dig in, debug the issue, and find a resolution that solves the root cause - and doesn’t create new ones! Whether it’s overcoming a technical hurdle or finding a solution that helps users, your passion for solving problems will help you be successful in this role.
Do you obsess over every detail? Take pride in turning ambiguous requirements into real jobs to be done? We are looking for someone who is all about solving the right problem.
Love working with and building APIs? Interested in connecting completely different pieces of software together in a performant and scalable way? You'll be building RESTful endpoints for React and integrating with third party services!
Understand that giving users access to their data in a reportable, meaningful way is extremely important? You'll be helping us in developing our next wave of client reports and dashboards giving users data that tells a story, while helping keep existing functionality running smoothly!
On the technical side, your experience in the following will also be necessary:
- 2 – 3 years of back-end development experience
- Object-Oriented Programming (in PHP is a plus!)
- Familiarity with how to write performant database queries (in MySQL is a plus!)
- Familiarity with how to guard against common web application security vulnerabilities
- Creating & Consuming APIs (SOAP, REST, etc)
- Version Control (Github is a plus!)
Your experience with the following will help you stand out:
- Unit Testing & TDD
- Integrating with 3rd party services – Salesforce & MailChimp to name a few
- Architecting solutions based on requirements & making sound technical decisions without guidance
- Writing quality code that is easy to understand and scales well (with strong opinions on why it's important)
- Developing database structures optimized for performance and scalability
- Building “right-sized” solutions that balance current limitations to meet business needs
- Continuously looking for ways to improve technical abilities and platform infrastructure
- Deeply understanding how technical decisions may affect other teams/product
- Mentoring other engineers and passionately sharing ideas about your craft
As a member of the Product Team, you would also help us with maintaining our 2-week development cycle, keeping bugs in the system at a minimum, developing documentation for code you write, and helping us further improve and optimize our framework. Members of our team are effective communicators and can self-manage their time as it relates to our team’s goals.
Though our platform is easy to use, there is a lot going on under-the-hood. You will become product proficient in the first 90 days through in-house training, a little bit of experimenting, and asking lots of questions. You should be comfortable and resourceful in debugging code and troubleshooting across various browsers. Be okay with not knowing things but strive to learn as much as possible.
What’s it like to work at Qgiv?
We are guided by our Core Values: introspection, empathy, persistence, openness, and passion.
We work hard to meet deadlines and goals, but we also like to have fun. Although we’re temporarily remote due to COVID-19, once we return to the office, we’ll get back to enjoying weekly game nights, monthly birthday cake, and more free snacks and beverages than should be allowed.
While remote, we stay connected through video and chat through daily stand-ups, weekly coffee talks, and monthly happy hours.
We strive to create a culture in which individuals can grow personally and professionally, while maintaining a work environment you actually look forward to every day. Most importantly, we know that at the end of the day, our software helps make the world just a little bit better.
Qgiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Qgiv are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.