Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, like Philadelphia, we are unstoppable. The heart of the PHLCVB lies in the soul of this city. The resourcefulness, resilience, and openness that we are built on and building upon drives us forward. There is no challenge we'll meet that we won't rise to, and there is no status quo in these two words. Only momentum.
We are currently searching for a Senior National Accounts Director in the Chicago area to join our team.
The Senior National Accounts Director will be responsible for achieving the room night goals established by building and maintaining the national association, corporate and multi-cultural markets located in their designated market. It is the highest-level direct sales position in our organization and requires a person with strong sales skills, strong presentation skills, comfort building deep & meaningful business relationships and possessing the ability to understand and implement strategy. Evaluation towards the yearly room night goal will be evaluated quarterly with routine funnel meetings each month. This position will work remotely from a home office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Strong preference on residing within a large metropolitan area in the assigned market within 30 miles access to an airport offering at least 250 flights per day.
- Exhibit strong connection and/or passion for Philadelphia in order to confidently and effectively sell this remarkable east coast destination.
- Become an expert on Philadelphia to anticipate what convention clients and attendees will need to know about the product (hotel inventory/community, PA Convention Center (PCC) capacities, etc.) and also from an attendee experience (happenings, neighborhoods, restaurants, nightlife, arts & culture).
- Be as familiar with Philadelphia as if you live(d) here (within one year of starting in position).
- Become an expert on Philadelphia’s main competitors from the aspect of what convention clients and attendees will need to know (as noted above).
- Demonstrated success in selling Meetings & Conventions at either a CVB or a large hotel complex (1500+ rooms) in a competitive landscape.
- Develop a full understanding of the strategies, operations and goals of the PCC and ASM International (PCC’s management company)
- Become very familiar with the union partnerships and work structure within the PCC.
- Demonstrated experience in the entire sales process which includes rapport building, qualifying, conducting sales calls and presentations, negotiating, overcoming obstacles and closing.
- The ability to develop and execute creative, memorable and relevant site visits based on an organization’s goals and our competition.
- Travel required. Be active in your assigned territory, with 3+ day-long Sales Trips planned to key cities in your market at least once a month.
- Flexibility with schedule. Night and weekend travel.
- Conduct two 4 day-long Sales Missions with SVP/VP and hotel participation in the spring and fall.
- Conduct a major FAM event in Philadelphia for at least 8 targeted clients twice per year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain existing accounts already booked from your market as though they were your own booking.
- Develop new business and increase business from existing accounts using effective direct sales activities targeting the specific market segment.
- Supervise the support staff within that specific market segment.
- Participate in PHLCVB meetings as needed.
- Attend team funnel meetings to track progress towards your room night goal, which will be further reviewed on a quarterly basis.
- Make recommendations to be successful in your market; don’t wait for leaders to provide ideas and suggestions.
- Maintain contact with related supplier organizations and the local hotel community – and within Marriott’s Global Sales Organization - to effectively utilize all resources in the direct sales discipline.
- Develop and maintain active liaison with membership of the Bureau to maximize the greatest return-on-investment for PHLCVB members from the market segment.
- Maintain active liaison with competitors in order to communicate trends taking place in the industry and potential market opportunities or threats as it relates to selling the City of Philadelphia effectively.