Primarily responsible for the maintenance of all program accounting records according to funder compliance; monitoring of program budgets and report to the CFO on any variances; completion of all monthly funding source reporting requirements; assist Controller with timely monthly close of programs.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Assist CFO with completion of program budgets and monitoring of budgets to ensure that all revenue and expenses are in compliance with funder.
- Preparation of monthly reporting requirements to funders.
- Completion of all required financial reports.
- Assist Controller in monthly close of programs.
- Deliver monthly expense reports, variance analysis and reconciliations to the General ledger demonstrating flawless attention to detail and the ability to consistently generate a high-quality work product.
- Review and complete purchase order request completing account coding, budgeted funds and allowability of expenditures.
- Review transactions for compliance with applicable grant and contract terms and internal policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the programs overseen including regulations and reporting requirements.
- Ensure expenditures are in compliance with GAAP and federal and state cost principles.
- Maintain budgeted program staffing allocations in payroll system and update for any changes.
- Input and maintain program budgets in Blackbaud accounting system.
- Review and calculate the program staff travel sheets and allocate to the appropriate programs prior to submission to the Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Propose journal entries to correct variances.
- Record additions and disposals of fixed assets, calculate depreciation and reconcile related accounts in Financial Edge.
- Assist in preparation of year-end audit workpapers.
- Perform other fiscal duties such as recording purchase orders, accounts payable as needed, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or BA in Business or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Grant Accounting preferably.
- Experience with financial accounting software, ideally Financial Edge.
- Independent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- A minimum of three years non-profit experience.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication and customer service skills.
Physical Demands: This job regularly requires the employee to sit, walk and stand as well as use hands repetitively to handle or operate standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.