Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to fill positions as Production Assistants. Production Assistant positions are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Packing Containers of Fresh Produce
- Sorting and selecting high quality product to pack
- Identifying unacceptable quality product to discard
- Filling containers to an accurate weight using scales
- Properly handling product and containers to maximize shelf life and appearance to the companys visual expectations
- Performing repetitive tasks at a consistent pace which meets productivity expectations
- Assisting Greenhouse Production operations, including transplanting seedlings, harvesting plants, and handling growing equipment
- Handling, organizing, and loading production supplies and equipment
- Assisting with inventory control and cold storage organization
- Labelling, boxing, and staging product materials and supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), company food safety policies, and sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOPs).
- Assist with daily cleaning of production areas, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with periodic cleaning of common areas in facility
WHO YOU ARE
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Lift 50 pounds
- Stand for a full 8-hour shift
- Maintain a steady pace with attention to detail
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures that are anywhere from 55 degrees (within the Packhouse) to 90 degrees (within the Greenhouse).
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 95% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.