Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the human in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
We have an opening for a Quality Engineering Manager in our Quality Engineering Department! This individual will plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products. This individual will also be responsible for overseeing, leading, and the planning of Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities.
- Manages staff resources and organization structure to adequately align with and meet business objectives for new and existing customers
- Identifies areas to improve Quality Engineering Department processes and implement best practices
- Reviews and identifies areas to improve Inspection Department processes and implement best practices
- Maintains the Customer Issue Report
- Coordinates and monitors Returned Material Authorization (RMA) process and status. Leads Material Review Board (MRB) including scheduled review of discrepant hold area
- Responsible for the Corrective Action System; this includes but is not limited to reporting cause, corrective action and verification of effectiveness and verifies information is complete and accurate
- Responsible for the Late Shipment System
- Gains a full understanding of the total work volume handled by the Quality Department on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Develops strategies for addressing unfavorable quality trends in order to reduce the quantity/frequency
- Maintains budgetary spending in the Quality Engineering Department
- Monitors and mentors Quality Engineering and Inspection leadership on spending in departments against approved and adjusted budgets
- Monitors Quality Engineering Phone Loop to verify ACD Phone System is properly staffed during business hours and reports results weekly with detailed information for any significant variance and plans for correcting any negative variance
- Reviews and suggests ideas for financial budgets for Quality Engineering department
- Leads, motivates and inspires all direct reports
- Monitors and reviews performance of direct reports, and provides prompt and objective coaching, mentoring and counseling
- Resolves performance, job satisfaction, and interpersonal issues, balancing employee and department needs.
- Develops on-boarding and training programs and guides creation of development plans
- Manages team including recruiting, developing and evaluating team members