Buchalter APC, an Am Law 200 Law Firm based in Los Angeles with 10 offices, has an opening for a Human Resouces Assistant.
The HR Assistant provides both general and specialized administrative support, such as assisting with talent acquisition initiatives, preparing reports and surveys, maintenance of databases and personnel records and composing miscellaneous correspondence. Additionally, they act as a back-up to the HR Coordinator and backs-up payroll functions as necessary. The HR Assistant reports to the HR Director, but works under the direction and takes assignments from the Recruiting Manager and HR Coordinator.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Processes all incoming and outgoing HR departmental mail.
- Creates all physical and electronic personnel files. Maintaining active files and sending inactive files to off-site storage.
- Assembles and files all confidential documents and correspondence related to employment, promotion, compensation, disciplinary action and termination.
- Maintains HR databases including Paycom, Preparis and Buchstop with current employment and status-change data.
- Assists with HR department reports, surveys, and quarterly reports as requested.
- Prepares and distributes weekly and monthly new hire and departure notifications.
- Replies to verification of employment (VOE) requests and maintains department log of VOE’s.
- Finalizes new hire background checks (conduct follow up as needed).
- Assists Recruiting Manager with various talent acquisition initiatives, such as creating and updating job postings, screening resumes, coordinating interviews, and other functions of recruiting.
- Assists HR Coordinator with on-boarding of new hires, electronic timekeeping system, and other coordinating functions of payroll.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to HR Director as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working within HR in a professional services environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use professional discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and professional appearance.
- Results oriented, with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of State and Federal employment laws.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook) and HRIS programs.
- The ability to learn other software programs as necessary.
- Produce documents using proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- Work cooperatively with other employees, attorneys, and coworkers.
- Communicate daily with employees via phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, profit sharing and a full benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume.