Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the ‘human’ in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
The primary responsibility is to lead an Information Technology Department that serves and protects the entire company. Lead by integrating the I.T. team with the rest of the business to create strong partnerships that yield highly effective results. Serve by designing and implementing robust technology solutions that create a competitive advantage for Smalley. Protect our intellectual property from external and internal threats without negatively impacting operations.
- Partners with peers and leadership to create, promote, and implement IT strategic business initiatives
- Collaborates with vendors and/or customers as required
- Works closely with business and IT teams in addition to external IT business partners to turn business needs into best in class IT solutions
- Directs IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Defines and communicates project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, supports staff and end users
- Oversees provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Develops and reviews budgets for the IT department and ensures they comply with stated goals, guidelines and objectives
- Oversees negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Develops bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, review submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Develops and implements all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Directs research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities and procurement efforts
- Stay abreast of current trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates and motivates individuals and teams to achieve high levels of performance
- Directs staff resources and organization structure to adequately align with and meet business objectives
- Monitors and reviews performance of direct reports and teams; documents and provides prompt and objective coaching, mentoring and counseling
- Resolves performance, job satisfaction, and interpersonal issues, balancing employee and department needs
- Guides creation of professional developments/training plans and determines succession options