Latin School of Chicago provides its students with a rigorous and innovative educational program in a community that embraces diversity of people, cultures and ideas. Latin inspires its students to pursue their passions and lead lives of purpose and excellence.
Latin School of Chicago is seeking a full-time, innovative and collaborative Math Interventionist for prekindergarten through fourth grade who is passionate about mathematics education and supporting students with learning differences. As a member of the Learning Resources team, the Math Interventionist will collaborate with the learning specialists, reading specialist, math enrichment teacher, homeroom teachers, counselor, administrators, and parents to identify and meet the needs of at-risk students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support homeroom teachers with their use of effective mathematics instruction, differentiation, and assessment methods
- Screen and assess students' math skills and abilities through formal (such as standardized assessments) and informal methods (such as observations and interviews)
- Design and implement remediation for individual students and small groups
- Write personalized, detailed narratives twice each year that effectively and accurately communicate their students’ progress
- Serve as a case manager and liaison among outside professionals, homeroom teachers, and parents to coordinate instruction and related services for students
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion