Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Sanitation Technician for our Seagoville, TX location. The Technician is responsible for day-to-day tasks as directed by the Plant Manager, specifically related to sanitation of the greenhouse and the sanitizing the growing channels. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and isn't afraid to get dirty.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and work areas in the entire greenhouse.
- Clean quickly and effectively as directed using materials and tools provided by Gotham Greens.
- Must be able to work in tight quarters and hard to reach areas, such as under growing lines, etc.
- Must learn and follow procedures in the proper way to clean & sanitize.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, following safe work practices at all times.
- Must wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times.
- Provide ideas to improve efficiencies and cleanliness.
WHO YOU ARE
- Leads by example with a can do attitude
- Laser focused attention to detail
- Great multitasking abilities
- Desire to grow and learn food safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a Full time shift.
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the greenhouse and packhouse.
- Must be a problem solver and be capable of identifying areas of efficiencies.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 90% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.