Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community's collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve peoples lives.
In 2018, we made over 9 million door knocks and held 1.3 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Gubernatorial offices, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats.
For Our Future will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
For Our Future State Data Directors support in-state organizing and electoral program by serving as experts on voter file targeting, tracking, data systems, reporting, progress-to-goal, and program analysis. For Our Future is proud to run data-driven program, and that isnt possible without dynamic and mission-driven data directors helping to drive each states program. With support and resources provided by the National Analytics Team, State Data Directors leverage FOFs data to build partnerships, provide data to program teams that build power, and contribute to winning elections. This is a full-time position through at least November 6, 2020.
- Administer field data management tools to support in-state organizing & electoral program for FOF and partner organization staff.
- Work with the Field Director and partner organizations to set quantitative program goals, allocate resources, and build reports/analysis to hold FOF and partners accountable to those goals.
- Work with National Analytics Team to manage reporting on in-state FOF and partner program.
- With State Director and the National Analytics Team, create, deploy, track, and manage universes for voter-file and volunteer database targeted contact programs.
- Act as the liaison between FOF and partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Train partners and staff on voter file data, data management systems and practices (including VAN), reporting, and other topics as needed.
- Assist FOF staff and partners in facilitating and executing experiments.
- Employ best practices for data management using the organizations voter file software.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work.
- Prepare ad hoc program analysis for the State Director as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (What knowledge, skills, abilities are needed to be successful in this role?)
- At least 1 election cycle of experience in issue or community organizing or candidate campaign voter contact;
- Experience utilizing voter file & volunteer management platforms, such as VAN/VoteBuilder;
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Sheets;
- Understanding of voter file data and electoral targeting;
- Ability to communicate and train on technical subjects to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, and be detail oriented while handling multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in SQL is highly desired;
- Experience building data visualizations is highly desired;
- Relentless dedication to the campaigns success and willingness to work long hours and the passion to inspire others to do the same;
- Positive attitude and solution-based approach in high pressure or difficult situations;
- Strong personal organization skills and a relentless dedication to follow-up;
- Commitment to the Mission - Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs;
- Strong customer service approach in providing technical support to coworkers and partner organizations;Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Work is performed in an open office environment.
- The physical demands of the job include bending and sitting for extended periods.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2-3 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- Up to 10 Days Paid Time Off accrued every new calendar year, as well as other paid holidays
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORUNITY EMPLOYER
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as employment at will. This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing employment at will relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is at will, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at will status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.