Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or Journalism from a four-year college or university or comparable skills and experience. Minimum of two years of work experience in the areas outlined. Multi-lingual skills preferred.
- Excellent written/grammar, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to and communicate with diverse audiences.
- Adept at developing various types of written and visual content, with exceptional creative writing, copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Philadelphia as a destination, including history, hotels, attractions, and special events, plus a commitment to the PHLCVB’s mission.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with a high level of initiative, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a professional office environment, with exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience with SEO, content management systems such as WordPress and website design best practices preferred.
- Digital publishing/CMS experience and basic HTML knowledge.
- Strong visual eye for social media graphics, photography, videos, copy, etc.
- Knowledge of social media trends and best practices preferred.
- Photography and videography experience and photo and video editing preferred but not required.
The PHLCVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek individuals of a diverse background and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.