Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, like Philadelphia, we are unstoppable. The heart of the PHLCVB lies in the soul of this city. The resourcefulness, resilience, and openness that we are built on and building upon drives us forward. There is no challenge we'll meet that we won't rise to, and there is no status quo in these two words. Only momentum.
We are currently searching for a Social Media Specialist to join our team.
Under the direction of the Content Manager, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for the domestic B2B and international leisure social media programs on behalf of the PHLCVB and will also provide additional support to the communications team as needed in content development. This role will assist in driving the strategic direction of PHLCVB-owned social media properties by growing, managing and governing all owned platforms. They will play a critical role in refining and executing a social media strategy; ensuring each channel reflects the PHLCVB’s values and mission and is in alignment with the overall content and engagement strategy for the organization aimed at enhancing and protecting the PHLCVB’s reputation across audiences and communities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Assists the Content team with the development and implementation of programs within the following areas designed to enhance the PHLCVB’s position and relevancy, and support the goals of the organization, its individual departments and the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC).
- Develop social media strategies to reach the meetings, convention, sporting events and group business markets, and overseas leisure travel audiences to increase interaction and drive traffic to the PHLCVB website.
- Oversee day-to-day social media management of domestic social media accounts (7 total): basic community and content management, which includes managing posts/status updates, fostering dialogue, answering questions or comments, monitoring trends, advising on potential opportunities and resolving issues.
- Attend and cover local events including but not limited to exhibit previews, sporting events, conferences, tradeshows, and press conferences.
- Management of B2B and leisure PHLCVB social media calendar with input from necessary departments.
- Lead social media content strategy of PHLCVB owned accounts (5 total) in overseas markets, including China, Germany, and France.
- Develop benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of social media programs and implement improvements as required.
- Monitor and measure PHLCVB social media accounts including monthly tracking and reporting of KPIs and analytics.
- Monitor social media trends, including opportunities to create and use new channels to reach PHLCVB target audiences.
- Strategically develop paid social media campaigns to increase the awareness of key messages, grow audiences, or achieve other organizational goals.
- Work directly with members of the Leadership team to enhance their social media presence in line with the PHLCVB’s communications strategies and goals.
- Creation and management of social media assets including photography as well as long-form and short-form video content for relevant posting and social storytelling as it relates to sales, services, sports, life sciences, diversity and group tour divisions, as well as the PCC.
- Work closely with meeting and convention customers to assist them in achieving social media goals for their respective Philadelphia events.
- Coordinate with other local agencies and partners on broad, city-wide social media initiatives and messaging opportunities.
- Assistance with visiting trade and international journalists and influencers as needed.
- Work closely with the Content Manager on development of new content for the PHLCVB website, including blogs, landing pages, and other digital resources that align with the PHLCVB’s Marketing and Communications strategy.
- Aid in the development of the Official Visitors Guide, International Guide and Destination Planning Guide by creating new and reviewing existing content.