Develop, manage and monitor all shelter processes. Act as a liaison to other shelter and department managers to assess completion of projects, and participate in strategic and budget planning. Ensure the highest quality in the provision of hospitality, customer service and engagement to residents of LSS Faith Mission shelters. Maintain overall responsibility for the safety and security of staff, clients, volunteers, and facilities at LSS Faith Mission properties. Provide direction to staff, clients, volunteers and others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises employees in the assigned shelter/s. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Agency’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems on a timely basis.
- Supervise and develop staff in the provision of shelter and engagement within the guidelines of the agency mission and vision.
- Represent LSS Faith Mission at provider and community meetings. Proactively and positively communicates the organization’s mission and advances the services and values of the organization.
- Ensure the highest quality of facility and housekeeping standards are upheld on the campus including, main areas, resident dorms, staff areas, rest rooms and all common areas within the facility, report all maintenance needs to the Director of Client Services and/or Director of Facilities. Develop, implement and maintain regular maintenance and housekeeping schedules with facilities staff.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and funder rules and regulations including, infection control, and other criteria for state surveys, CARF, CSB site visits, OSHA, VA and ADA, etc. regulation and compliance with facility procedures.
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of the residents and the facility.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a comprehensive CQI process.
- Assess and obtain appropriate materials for a successful customer service operation of facility.
- Maintain supply inventory including that of cleaning, infection control and laundry supplies. Observe and work with staff to ensure proper handling of chemicals and equipment.
- Coordinate the implementation of facility needs with administrators and other shared services departments.
- Develop and manage facility budget.
- Oversee and manage record keeping data, encounter data and information management as assigned, ensure resident and agency confidentiality is maintained.
- Participate in week-end supervision and on-call management rotation.
- Acts as a dedicated and professional member of LSS Faith Mission management team.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS SUPERVISES:
Supervises engagement staff and shelter volunteers, etc
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years experience in homeless shelter and/or residential services
- Minimum two years supervisory experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to cooperate with other departments
- Knowledge of housekeeping methods
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Exemplary customer service skills
Valid Ohio driver’s license, access to reliable insured transportation and ability to meet LSS insurance standards required
Working conditions include working in a homeless shelter environment with a wide range of clientele
LSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. Minority, Veterans, Disabled, and Females encouraged to apply.