Required Education and Experience
- 2-5 years in an administrative support role, nonprofit experience preferred
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, highly organized self-starter able to work independently, set and meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Proficient in Google products, including Gmail and Calendar
- Strong quantitative skills; experience managing a database and/or analyzing data, a plus
- Experience managing volunteers, a plus
- Experience with non-profit events, a plus
- Good at following systems and procedures, while also refining them to create a more efficient process
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills; ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated record as a successful team player, including the ability to develop and maintain a goal-oriented, positive attitude and good sense of humor
- Compassion and understanding of the Center’s unique approach to service provision
- Cultural Humility
- Must be a CA resident and live at least 75 miles from the office and must be available for in-person meetings at the DWC offices.
- Must provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result from the last seven days, on first day of hire.
- Must provide documentation of a negative TB test result within the last twelve months, on first day of hire.
- You will be required to have received at least the first dose of COVID-19 vaccination to start employment with DWC, and second dose must be received within 30 days from the first day of hire.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of nonprofit fund development
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, medical condition, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.