Founded in 1888, Caldwell Manufacturing is a fourth-generation, family owned business with over 130 years of successful history. We are growing market share by expanding geographically and through product diversification, building on our reputation for providing Solutions that Set new standards, innovating new products and embracing our mission of First in Service, Best in Class which defines our approach to our customers. We have a high feedback culture that is guided by our core values. For Caldwell, this means we will lead in ways that engage our employees and create a passion for our mission in a fun and family-oriented environment.
The Human Resources Business Partner is an integral member of the Human Resources department. This position will be responsible for providing HR generalist support to the Corporate office staff including corporate functional departments such as IT, finance, engineering, customer service, supply chain and Sales. This position will apply professional human resources expertise in identifying solutions and delivering results that enable business execution. The position will also be responsible for key HR programs across all of Caldwell in the US.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities
HR Generalist Responsibilities
- Provide HR generalist support to the corporate office and functional departments at Caldwell including IT, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Sales.
- Partner with managers on performance management, developing high potentials, career paths and succession plan.
- Support managers in managing employee relations, coaching employees and solving employee relations issues, such a disciplinary action and attendance or performance problems.
- Coach and provide guidance on employee relations for a wide range of issues. May include conducting investigations in response to issues and recommend/implement course of action based on investigation results.
- Manage recruiting efforts for professional office staff leveraging HRIS and Applicant Tracking system.
- Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding for client group employees.
- Conducts Stay interviews with employees.
- Works with local management team to create a culture that encourages diversity, individual and team development, and organizational excellence free from harassment and in compliance with all federal and state employment laws.
- Manages Co-op and internship assignments as requested.
Corporate Program Responsibilities:
- Captains the New Employee experience by implementing best practices with the Caldwell onboarding and orientation process.
- Oversees performance management cycle deliverables including goal setting, mid-year reviews and year-end review process. Conducts employee and manager performance management training.
- Owns and manages learning management system (Percipio by SkillSoft) including marketing of e-learning content, administration of system, reporting and usage analytics.
- Partners with CHRO and managers to ensure the HR strategy is structured and functioning to best support business and financial objectives.
- Helps to develop and facilitate a company-wide training and development platform, which outlines base/foundational requirements, provides clear career progression and allows for opportunities to add and strengthen skills.
- Performs monthly analytics and reporting for CHRO as needed. Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Develops and delivers training programs/presentations on various subjects across Caldwell (US only).
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures, assists in development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures; assists in maintaining employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Partner with other HR team members of corporate wide programs and implementations.
- Manages the Caldwell Employee Satisfaction survey including program management, communications, administration, analytics, feedback sessions, and action planning with managers.
- May conduct surveys and market research to determine the effectiveness of personnel programs and understand competitive practices, to include reviewing and recommending improvements or updates to policies and programs.
- Maintains in- depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees. Provides expert counsel to management in order to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Partners with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Be an impartial steward for the organization advocating for employees and the business, and modeling company values.
- Design and deliver targeted solutions, including strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building.