We are Hiring!
Catholic Charities Family and Community Services is growing and seeking an
Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinician to join our family!
NOW OFFERING A HIRING BONUS OF $10,000
PAID IN 4 INSTALLMENTS. STIPULATIONS APPLY.
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2023.
Catholic Charities Family and Community Services walks with those who need us most as they journey toward independence, with dignity, to reach their full human potential. As a member of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rochester, we advocate for those in need throughout all stages of life, and work in partnership with faith communities of all denominations and all who are committed to addressing local needs.
If you're looking for an opportunity to express and explore your passion for helping others, then join a team that truly makes a difference DAILY, in people's lives. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful candidates who have enthusiasm for helping people. Come use your human services experience to support the great mission of Catholic Charities and have an impact that lasts. We have supportive leadership who invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to thrive, grow and learn. Don't miss out on being a part of something special!
APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE HERE:
Position Title: Clinician – Outpatient Behavioral Health
Salary: Starting at $52,000 annually, increased compensation based on experience and credentials of candidate. Range $52,000 - $56,160 for LMSW/LMHC. Range $60,000 - $67,000 for LCSW depending on experience.
Schedule: Monday – Friday day shift with schedule flexibility and optional evenings
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (see below) to our full-time workforce members who work 30 or more hours per week.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who is dedicated to making a difference in the community and values collaboration and partnership.
- Someone who has a passion for serving those who need us most.
- Someone who has exemplary attention to detail.
- Someone who thrives in both individual sessions as well as a group setting.
Under general supervision, provides initial assessment and ongoing counseling or treatment to clients. Effectively supports ongoing and collaborative communication amongst all program staff, and is responsible for ensuring a trauma informed care environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts diagnostic assessments and counseling, or treatment for clients referred by various sources.
- Uses the current edition of criteria from the DSM-V-TR to assess mental disorders.
- Provides treatment in individual, couple, family, or group therapy sessions depending on client need.
- Has adequate awareness and knowledge of medications used to treat mental health conditions.
- Completes necessary case record paperwork according to department, State, Federal and carrier procedures.
- Performs regular contact with PCP’s, referral sources, and HMO personnel as needed.
- Corresponds with PCP within first three appointments, provides periodic updates and a closing letter.
- Provides information for HMO and payer utilization review as required.
- Participates in staff meetings and clinical supervision as determined by supervisor.
- Informs supervisor of significant events/issues related to clients as appropriate, and follows program’s defined incident reporting process as required.
- Maintains current knowledge on professional practice through reading and reasonable attendance at seminars, workshops and conferences. Attends agency and department required trainings.
- Supports quality improvement efforts, including but not limited to satisfaction surveys, accurate reporting of and use of outcome data, and use of selected quality monitoring instruments.
- Carries a caseload according to department standards.
- Completes all statistics, written reports and billing forms in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Delivers training sessions, as qualified and requested by supervisor.
- Provides clinical support through rotating on-call procedures.
- Responsible for running integrated groups for individuals participating in mental health and/or substance use treatment.
- Participates in relevant Agency meetings and/or trainings
- Actively pursues development of professional competencies related to job role performance through reading, supervision, in-service training and attendance at conferences and workshops.
- Awareness and active support of the Agency's Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan. Including, but not limited to, supporting the Agency's Core Competency initiatives of being Collaborative and Community Focused, Innovative and Entrepreneurial, and Culturally Competent and Diverse
- Other duties as assigned
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees are required to follow appropriate supervisory direction and perform other related duties as required.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling
Credentials: Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC-LP or LMHC), or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW-P or LMSW) required within three months of hire.
Experience: Five years of supervised clinical experience. Member of insurance panels including but not limited to Blue Choice and MVP, is preferred. Bi-Lingual Spanish preferred.
Clinician I Qualifications: MSW or MHC
Clinician II Qualifications: LMSW or LMHC, LMHC-P or LMSW-P
Clinician III Qualifications: LCSW
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CCFCS’s corporate compliance & ethics program.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, plan, and complete work projects with minimal direction,
- An ability to work efficiently and effectively and meet deadlines,
- An ability to work under pressure,
- Excellent verbal/written skills,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Ability to demonstrate behaviors and attitudes which support agency mission, philosophy, and policies.
- Willingness and ability to foster agency and program wide cooperation and teamwork through use of positive/constructive communication techniques,
- Possession of a valid NYS Driver’s license and use of a registered and reliable vehicle.
What you will get:
Catholic Charities Family and Community Services offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program
- Exempt Salary: Starting at $52,000 annually, increased compensation based on experience and credentials of candidate
- LOAN FORGIVENESS OPTIONS THROUGH PSLF AND HRSA
- Tuition Assistance, AND PAID LICENSURE FEES
- Full-time, working 40 hours per week. Flexible work schedule. We believe in work-life balance!
- Generous time off package including PTO, NY State Paid Sick Leave, and Health Reserve.
- 11 paid Holidays
- Success Coach through the Employer Resource Network
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Legal Plan
- Identity Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 3% Retirement Contribution once vested (subject to agency financial performance)
- Employee 403(b)
- My Better Benefits – provides discounts and savings on thousands of products and services
Our hiring process and timeline:
- Applications will be reviewed regularly until the position is filled.
- Phone screenings will be conducted with qualified candidates.
- In-person one-hour interviews will be conducted with candidates who advance after the phone screening.
- In-person interviews are typically with 2-3 participants.
Selected candidate to start ASAP
***Catholic Charities is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our agencies and our people. EOE/AA Disability/Vet