• BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, public administration, business administration or a related field.
• Minimum four years of experience in non-profit organization as a financial analyst, grant accountant, staff accountant, budget analyst, contract administrator, or equivalent position. Experience working with government grants is strongly preferred.
• Possess an understanding of Federal, State and New York City funding and reporting requirements. Demonstrates experience in Federal Cost Principles (2 CFR 200) and GAAP as it relates to non-profit organizations.
• Exposure to and understanding of Single Audit, SEFA preparation and donor restriction classification in accordance to ASC 958-605
• Expert-level experience with Microsoft Excel (pivot table, v-look up). Experience using accounting database, Sage Intacct software is preferred. Technically savvy and quick learner.
• Innovative thinker who can identify opportunities to streamline processes to add value.
• Self-motivated and results driven approach to job task. Requires minimal supervision to complete work assignments.
• Must be detail-oriented, proactive and can follow through with instruction and have an ability to carry out work with the highest levels of accuracy and efficiency.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skill, and ability to work well with colleagues are highly essential
• Demonstrates ability to translate complex financial concepts for non-financial project managers. Ability to collaborate with a team and provide excellent internal customer service to our program partners at NYC DOHMH.
• Demonstrable ability to prioritize tasks according to deadlines and deliver work on schedule with minimal supervision.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range is 70k to 85k
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy
• Medical, dental, and life insurance with low or no employee contribution
• A retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution
• Flexible spending medical and commuter benefits plan
• Generous and flexible work-from-home policy with up to three days working at home
• Fun hybrid office environment and passionate team
• Fun all staff events year-round
• Meaningful work at an organization striving to advance health equity and social justice
Hybrid schedule: Three days remote and two days in office.
All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable
accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by
your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by FPHNY HR.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here.
Candidates who do not submit a Cover Letter will not be considered. Applicants who best match the position
needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse
pool of candidates to apply.