- Graduation from an accredited high school or G.E.D.
- Knowledge of the alphabet and number order.
- Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to effectively and creatively solve problems.
- Ability to follow directions, remain organized, and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Ability to reach, bend, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull book cart and move books individually from cart to shelves.
- Ability to push/pull a depressible book truck weighing up to 245 lbs full.
EQUIPMENT: Computer, book carts
Works in normal heat and light conditions with some exposure to seasonal draft conditions. Some eye fatigue from shelf reading; some physical fatigue from repetitive lifting of books and pushing carts. Some stress from constant public contact.