Basic Fun! is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of some of the worlds best known and loved toys including Tonka, Care Bears, Lite Brite, Lincoln Logs, Knex, Playhut and Cutetitos. Our products are sold by leading retailers and distributors throughout the US and over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an omni-channel go-to-market strategy with a strong presence on-line, in store and in family entertainment venues. Our iconic brands and broad product portfolio span generations and help create unforgettable memories.
This position is a key growth driver for the company responsible for cultivating and growing multiple key brands across four major toy categories (Girls, Preschool, Activities, and Collectibles). Key responsibilities include: developing and executing the Brand Strategies for the respective lines (across both Product and Marketing), acting as the global ambassador for the brands, and being the central point of all communication across multiple departments throughout the organization (inclusive of Sales, Product Development, Operations, Digital & Social Marketing, Creative Services/Packaging, and Finance). Expectation is that this role achieves the necessary results/metrics established to drive the expected revenue and P&L volume annually.
This sought-after position requires a true self-starter with a keen pulse on consumers needs/wants (both today and in the near future) and a right/left brain mindset that can disrupt beyond the status quo. Having a passion for the industry, strong leadership capabilities, and keen relationship management skills are essential along with storytelling, strategic thinking, and project management skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all functions of the global brand management process across various cross-functional teams.
- Key Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Line Plan Management inclusive of its creation, daily maintenance, and reporting out of financials to Sr. Management team members.
- Product Development Management assist in driving the development of each product (from concept to retail shelf), in partnership with the Product Development Team and overseas partners. Ensuring you are delivering market-relevant product solutions that possess a strong price/value proposition.
- Financial Management ensuring all cost targets, quotes, financials, and margin requirements meet retail expectations (while meeting/exceeding Sr Management expectations).
- Brand Management communicate to sales on a weekly basis all updates/changes to the product lines that impacts what they are selling in at retail; help Sales with sell in by being on the pulse of what is happening at retail and offering them solutions to fit a retailers needs; constantly auditing the brands execution on e-commerce sites to drive the highest visibility, engagement, and sales potential.
- Creative Management collaborate with the Creative Services team to develop and execute impactful packaging and graphic design pieces, that engage consumers and drive sales.
- Act as the ultimate Brand/Product ambassador to both internal and external constituencies; demonstrating your leadership role by showing them you understand and know what they want.
- Develop and lead the execution of best-in-class global go-to-market strategies with turn-key solutions and assets that can be localized easily.
- Work with the Global Sales team to support key distribution channels in their markets with: custom initiatives and account specific plans (inclusive of products and promotions), in-store graphics, and more.
- Identify and recommend consumer-focused product solutions that hit on market trends, position us to win against competitors, and will drive incremental growth for the company.
- Collaborate with the Digital and Social Media Marketing team to execute all promotional activities/plans throughout the calendar year (inclusive of Public Relations, traditional media, and social/digital platforms).
- Create and present product concept decks to licensors for consideration.
- Work collaboratively with the licensing team to maintain communication with licensors; ensuring all brand planning and product development updates are communicated in a timely fashion.