Community Health Group is a locally based non-profit health plan that ensures access to high quality, culturally sensitive health care for underserved communities throughout San Diego County. We treat our 300-member, multi-lingual staff like family, encouraging an atmosphere of collaborative teamwork, continuous learning, personal growth, and promotion from within. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in San Diego, CHG offers its employees such benefits as tuition reimbursement, a meditation room and yoga classes, a monthly Breakfast With The CEO, and memorable events throughout the year.
We know that by serving our employees well, they, in turn, will better serve our nearly 300,000+ membership. We have been recognized consistently for the excellence and sensitivity of our customer service by members, physicians, vendors, and a full range of health care providers. We are accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and proud of our continuing company-wide Quality Initiatives.
We are currently recruiting for:
TITLE: Data Warehouse Engineer
Target Hiring Range: $ 123,271.72- $134,734.30 Annually
The majority of the data engineer’s responsibility will be in building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers (like business/data analysts, data scientists or any persona that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases). This individual will also need to guarantee compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines. The newly hired data engineer will be the key interface in operationalizing data and analytics on behalf of the Informatics team and organizational outcomes. This role will require both creative and collaborative working with the Informatics team and the wider IS team.
Compliance with Regulations:
Work closely with all departments necessary to ensure that the processes, programs, and services are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with CHG policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, including the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Build, optimize, automate, and monitor data pipelines, primarily those that feed into the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Collaborate in designing and optimizing the existing Enterprise Data Warehouse to best support the data science and analytic needs of the Informatics team.
- Use proven architectures and techniques to automate the most common and repeatable data preparation and integration tasks.
- Participate in ensuing compliance and governance by maintaining metadata and master data via a data catalog.
- Train the Informatics team in the data pipelining and preparation techniques, which make it easier for them to integrate and consume the data they need for their own use cases.
- When necessary, assist in producing datasets and simple analytics tools to be used by both technical and non-technical end users.
- Define and execute appropriate methods; maintain and develop the technical skills necessary to support the current systems; adhere to standard testing methodology to ensure that new or modified programs have no adverse impact on systems operation.
- Enhance professional growth and development by participating in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-service training and workshops, attending meetings as required, and participating on committees as directed.
- Support the team effort by arranging and conducting meetings; assist in the care and maintenance of department facilities, computer equipment, and supplies; maintain departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards; perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
- Maintain product and company reputation and contribute to the team effort by conveying professional image.