Part-Time Non-Instructional School Aide
At The Windward School, we are committed to helping students with language-based learning disabilities achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to a mainstream educational environment. Located in White Plains, NY, and Manhattan, NY, The Windward School educates more than 1000 students on three campuses.
THE WINDWARD SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
The Windward School is a coeducational, independent day school dedicated to providing a proven, research-based instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided.
The Windward School is nationally recognized for its development of instructional programs and best-in-class teacher professional development. In January 2020, the School launched The Windward Institute, which is dedicated to increasing childhood literacy and disrupting the status quo in education through providing professional development for The Windward School, educators, clinicians, parents/guardians, and non-Windward students; advocating for the rights of students with language-based learning disabilities; building leading-edge education-research partnerships; and expanding the reach and impact of the proven methodology of The Windward School.
This is an exciting time for Windward as Head of School Jamie Williamson leads Windward into the next chapter of its nearly 100-year history. The Associate Head of School for Academic Programs is an excellent opportunity for a transformational leader to partner with a talented Head of School, a dedicated board of trustees, and a hard-working leadership team.
To obtain several part time school aides (morning & afternoon shift) to assist Windward faculty in the supervision of children in non-academic situations. This role is Monday through Friday not to exceed 30 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides supervision of children during non-academic time including arrivals & dismissals, hallway movement, lunch time, and recess activities.
- Assist students with safety protocols including handwashing, social distancing and the wearing of appropriate PPE at all times.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and serves as a positive role model for students and the community.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others. Maintains self control and uses common sense.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Exhibits good judgment and responds positively to supervision, suggestions and/or directives.