Certifications, Licenses, etc.:
Lifeguards must maintain the following:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (or equivalent training).
All lifeguards are required to perform the following performance test prior to employment and may be tested at any time throughout their employment.
Performance test are as follows:
- Swim 300 yards continuous
- Tread water for two minutes using legs only
- Demonstrate the proper use of rescue equipment
- Surface Dive to the deepest part of the pool and retrieve a 10-pound brick
- Perform aquatic rescue & CPR/AED skills