The Manager of Development Operations leads the three-person operations team within Institutional Advancement (IA), and is responsible for operations support for unrestricted annual and restricted program campaigns, donor research, strategy and tactics, and donor stewardship and communications. They manage special fundraising projects, prospect research, the system of record for constituent data, day-to-day operation of fundraising policies and procedures, recordkeeping, and special events.
The manager reports to the vice president of institutional advancement. The manager will help develop the administrative strategy and execution of IA fundraising campaigns and activities. The ideal candidate has broad fundraising support experience, is someone who can learn quickly, has great attention to detail, is a self-starter with inherent motivation, and works collaboratively. The manager will also ensure the organization database is structured and maintained in a manner that is user-friendly and facilitates and expands revenue generation.
- Work with the vp and the team in developing, executing, and monitoring fundraising workplans, strategies, budgets, timelines, logistics, and projects.
- Manage the coordinator, assistant and intern(s) and temporary staff as needed and coordinate the orientation and ongoing training of unit staff.
- Maintain the functionality of the donor database within Microsoft CRM. Manage CRM operations, including strict record-keeping and data management procedures across units.
- Manage donor activity tracking through the pipeline process and maintain contact history, including for the Scales of Justice, Annual Fund, Legacy Society, Cy Pres, and Foundation Relations, and assist in setting goals. Maintain prospect pipelines and provide support when needed.
- Develop and manage donor stewardship and communications for IA campaigns. Collaborate and liaise with Marketing/Communications team. Coordinate online fundraising efforts, including online and in-person engagement opportunities and e-appeals.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and acknowledgment of all gifts and grants to the organization and the integration and reconciliation of revenue between CRM and the accounting system of record.
- Support the vice president’s fundraising reporting to the Executive unit and the Board of Directors. Support Board Development Committee, including preparing reports as required.
- Maintain and manage the Scales of Justice work plan and help plan and lead status update meetings with Marketing/Communications and Events staff, as well as consultants.
- Oversee general prospect research and the development of contact reports for IA donors and prospects.
- Serve as a senior member of the Institutional Advancement team and assist at a high level as needed.
- Development operations coordinator (proposed title), assistant and intern(s) and temporary staff as needed.