Job Title: Mechanic Lead
Department: Pellet, Sunnyside
Classification: Non-exempt/ Hourly
Reports to: Pellet Plant Manager
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred but not required.
- Possess skills in electrical, PLC, welding, mechanical and refrigeration.
- Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Written skills are necessary to properly fill out paperwork.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Preferably able to speak Spanish.
Lead the maintenance team in the improvement and maintenance of facilities pelleting equipment. Assist in the supervision in conjunction with Engineering team of capital projects and improvements across the facility. Ensure team are performing duties with safety compliance.
- Maintain and repair equipment in a Pelleting Operation Facility which includes but is not limited to the following equipment:
- Pellet Mill, CPM
- VFFS Bag Sealer Vertical Form, Fill, Seal
- Horizontal Mixers
- Pellet Coolers
- Weigh Scales
- Blowers, Cyclones, Baghouses
- Air Compressors
- Box Machines
- Knowledge or Robotics & Case Packing a positive.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles a positive.
- Manage CMMS - eMaintenance system in Pelleting Facility i.e. assigning PM’s, Work Orders, Managing Parts Inventory, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair production and facility equipment throughout all areas of the plant.
- Perform routine maintenance on compressed air & nitrogen plumbing systems.
- Outstanding skills for offering training and leadership to staff for them to be able to successfully carry out diverse duties associated with the building trades.
- Effectiveness in prioritizing assigned duties and evaluating the work of personnel.
- Outstanding ability to interpret sketches, blueprints, shop drawings, and work orders to other personnel.
- Work with Facility Manager and other personnel to assess maintenance progress and discuss needed changes, minimizing the impact on production and reducing downtime.
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Director and/or designee.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Life & AD&D, Voluntary Life And AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Lifeworks
- Calm for Work
- 401(k) retirement plan with 6% & Roth option
- Education Tuition Assistance Program
- 10 Recognized Holidays
- 50 hours of personal/sick time pro-rated based upon hire date
- 110 hours accrued Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Performance Incentive Bonus opportunities
- Wellness Benefit
- Employee Giveback Program
- Individual Development Programs
- Youth Donation Program
- Continuing Education Programs
- Bring your Pet to Work Program (applies to admin positions only)
- Pet Insurance
- And much more…