The Administrative Assistant (AA) will support the Retail Division in achieving its goals by providing exceptional service to our customers. The AA will act as the primary liaison to the accounting department ensuring timely submission of all personnel, inventory and accounts payable paperwork. The AA will have primary responsibility for staff scheduling, supply ordering, in addition to acting as administrative assistant to the Store Manager.
OVERALL GSC RETAIL
- Communicate and work with ALL store teams to ensure effective zone coverage, with the goal of providing excellent service and remaining visible and available to the customer.
- Maintain a broad and complete understanding of store and company operations, serving as a floating sub in multiple departments as needed.
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of the products that we sell, communicate product features to seasonal employees, as well as customers. Remain current on industry, store and company recommendations and offers for earth friendly gardening solutions.
- Remain current on all retail division promotions and offers and inform customers of value offers, events and educational opportunities.
- Cultivate an understanding of our customer, what they are looking for and how we can meet their needs.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including company uniform compliance.
- Maintain retail readiness and partner with custodial staff to ensure cleanliness throughout the store; check daily to maintain the best possible store presentation.
- Must be present and punctual for all assigned shifts, work a flexible schedule when needed, including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Act as a regular back up in other departments to ensure effective service and operational coverage.
- Remain up-to-date and familiar with all inventory search functions including but not limited to in-store POS/Inventory system, GSC on line catalog, GSC print catalog and internet search functions, as well as mobile POS systems.
- Respond to all customer service issues, internal and external, that arise in the course of the workday by partnering with the MOD, department supervisor or lead and other management team members as needed, escalating issues through the chain to resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promptly, pleasantly and efficiently answer and direct inbound phone calls – triage customer questions by remaining current on product offer and availability, as well as store and company recommendations for earth friendly gardening solutions
- Perform basic administrative duties such as collecting and distributing mail, printing handouts and forms, and ordering office and store supplies within approved budgets. Monitor current supply levels and maintain adequate on-hand.
- Operate, maintain, and act as the in-store expert and vendor contact for phone system, copiers and related equip.
- Maintain records of Federal/State/municipal permits and licenses and agreements.
- Partner with the Training Specialist to assist with HR tasks including:
- Upload applications to tracker
- Ensure all employee paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Set up employees on timekeeping system
- Set up employees on scheduling program
- Act as primary training back-up for new employees in the absence of the Store Trainer.
- Responsible for updating communication boards, employee photo boards and coordinating employee event sign-ups.
- Partner with Human Resources to coordinate and execute employee events, including pursuing local events and partnerships to enhance employee benefits in line with Gardener’s Supply overall cultural initiatives.
- Coordinator for injury reporting and investigations. Work with HR to report injuries and collect appropriate details.
- In coordination with department supervisors and with the approval of the Store manager create and post bi-weekly work schedules and daily zone charts.
- Support Delivery & Installation (D&I) scheduling by handling inbound inquiries, schedule deliveries, troubleshoot service issues and acting as the primary back up to the D & I Coordinator
- Maintain the scheduling software, tracking employee availability, time-off requests, team budgets and overall store payroll budget.
- Update the staff communication tools with schedule
- Assist as needed with daily closing of registers, counting cash and safe, making deposits, and reporting sales to AGR accounting dept.
- Gather, coordinate, code, log and track all non-product invoices, ensuring timely and accurate payment to vendors while acting as the primary accounting dept liaison.
- Function as a resource for our commercial accounts receivable customers partnering with accounting and the commercial team to research and resolve customer questions and issues in a timely manner. Update commercial account preferences.
- Support accounts receivable by promptly and accurately applying customer payments to AR accounts within the POS system and maintain accurate back up records.
- Assist the Marketing Supervisor by printing necessary signs, acting as the primary local contact for donations, creating targeted mailing lists for customer mailings and filling the role of in-store sign creator
- Create signage using software according to guidelines and templates created by Marketing Supervisor. Inform customers and staff of value offers, events and educational opportunities via phone, email, and in person at the help desk.
- Complete data entry for and coordinate with peers the maintenance of Gardener’s Club database.
- Assist in registering customers for seminars and workshops and Kid’s Club events, and help coordinate special events such as ordering food, setting up tables and chairs, and other hosting duties.