Responsible for performing moderate to complex clinical procedures (i.e., interrogation, interpretation, programming) specific to cardiac pacemaker and AICD devices, ambulatory (Holter) cardiac monitoring and all related EKG services. Responsible for the initial analysis and preliminary report generation and advising physicians or nurses of significant abnormalities. Additional responsibilities include the set up and application of certain devices to the patient and the transmission of the recorded information to the data base or analysis system.
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm, but with flexibility to cover all hours based on clinic/patient needs.
- Coordinates daily functions of device clinic, including regional locations, with other team members.
- Performs device checks on patients and reprograms devices, as needed.
- Educates patients and provides follow-up reminders on device checks according to established protocols.
- Collaborates with physician and or Mid-level providers regarding the device status as it affects the total treatment plan.
- Maintains necessary records and documentation on patients’ medical records.
- Assists with maintaining device data base.
- Performs device clinic duties, utilizing specific knowledge in applying event monitors /MCOT/ holter monitors.
- Completes appropriate paperwork to order event/holter/MCOT monitors.
- Ensures unit and patient rooms are stocked appropriately with equipment.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of monitoring options for physicians and staff to make informed decisions regarding t monitor type.
- Maintains complete and accurate logs of all patients being monitored.
- Compose reports and task to physicians or mid-level provider for review in EMR.
- Submits charges for billing.
- Schedules appointments for device patients and corresponds with patients regarding any missed appointments or other matters.
- Demonstrates positive and competent customer service through effective patient education and care.
- Documents all patient contact in EMR.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Performs other assigned duties as directed by supervisor based on demonstrated competency.