The Organizing Associate will report to the California Director and will work with other California organizing staff, and policy and communications staff as necessary. The Organizer will support FWW’s campaign to move Los Angeles targets in priority districts on FWW signature campaigns, and support the California Organizing team as necessary. The Organizing Associate will work remotely with volunteers and allied organizations in target districts with the goal of growing FWW’s organizing capacity, building volunteer affinity with FWW, and moving target legislators to support FWW policy goals. The Organizing Associate may also support state and federal campaigns on FWW aligned issues. This position will require flexibility and adaptability as campaign and political circumstances shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating the Los Angeles Volunteer Program.
- Assisting in building strategic coalitions with labor groups, elected officials, faith-based organizations, citizen activists, businesses, and students.
- Coordinating campaign events to engage citizens and pressure targets.
- Represent Food & Water Watch and recruit new activists at events.
- Assisting in media outreach to educate millions of people.
- Producing online materials such as action alerts, newsletters, and activist guides.
- Researching emerging issues to move campaigns forward and power mapping key targets.
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with database development.
- Carry out other projects as assigned.