Certified Law Enforcement Officers ONLY
The Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA) is excited by the challenge of finding the best law enforcement talent in the Jacksonville area, and here's what we're offering:
- 12 Paid Holidays per year;
- 120+ hours of accrued leave per year;
- $100 per month cell phone stipend;
- 84 Hours per pay period;
- Shift Differential of $1.50/hour when working between 5PM - 7AM;
- Annual Compensation of approx. $56,350.00 (including holiday pay at straight time);
- Florida Retirement System; Deferred Comp. Plan with ER match of up to 2% of EE base pay.
If you are a Police Officer certified in Florida and you like what we have to offer, we want YOU to APPLY!
OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
This position serves the public in the enforcement of laws and ordinances for the protection of life and property. This type of work requires a knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures used in law enforcement such as restoring and maintaining order, conducting preliminary investigations, community policing efforts and the apprehension of criminals. On-the-job interactions require skills in understanding human behavior and the factors which influence behavior and are critical in adversarial and confrontational situations. Police Officers are confronted with various situations that require quick assessment and sound judgment for resolution. Work is performed in the field in an uncontrolled environment where risks and hazards are substantial, generally unknown, and unpredictable.