Strong City Baltimore’s (SCB) core mission is to build and strengthen people and neighborhoods. Our mission focus is enhancing the capacity of residents and social change-makers to improve their communities. We believe that Baltimore is made stronger by the work of community-based initiatives and leaders. Through fiscal sponsorship and other capacity-building efforts, we provide financial management and strategic supports that empower grassroots leaders to carry out their vision of community change.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Program Director will be responsible for overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of Strong City Baltimore’s fiscal sponsorship program ensuring team management, program delivery, quality control, and program evaluation. The Director of Fiscal Sponsorship will manage a growing staff of 3.
- Provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction including creating innovating fiscal sponsorship programs, new application for existing programs and securing diversify private and government revenue streams to support the services we provide to community-based initiatives.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and identify areas of improvements.
- Oversees the recruitment and retention of fiscally sponsored or managed projects.
- Support CEO and development staff in crafting funding proposals and guiding their oversight in program design and expenditures
- Represents Strong City Baltimore internally and externally and leverage relationships including with funders, coalitions, affiliates, nonprofits, and government group, such as the National Network of Fiscal Sponsors.
- Negotiate MOUs, teaming agreements, partnerships, and contracts consistent with organizational policies and procedures
- Develops and managing program budget and operating plans.
- In collaboration with finance team, ensures the program and projects adhere to accounting policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and industry standards.
- Collaborates with the Grants Coordinator and finance leads to ensure compliance with grant awards and reporting.
- Establishes departmental standards for staff and fiscal sponsored projects and ensure systems are in place to hold them accountable. Ensures Strong City Baltimore’s principles and standards for effective service delivery and partnerships are incorporated in policies and procedures for SCB fiscal sponsorship staff in agreements with partners and affiliates.
- Supervise, support, and mentor the fiscal sponsorship team; ensure the retention, development, and talent growth.
- In collaboration with finance office, regularly monitors financial health of fiscal sponsored projects.
- Participate in all Leadership Team, Management Council, and Board of Directors meetings. Lead initiatives in strategic plan.
- Recommend improvements and initiatives to support the organization’s mission and operational efficiencies.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and their designate.