Thompson + Hanson is home to designers and architects, curators and gardeners: creatives at heart grateful for the privilege of shaping and inspiring beautiful spaces across Houston and Austin for the last 40 years. We delight in the work that we do, and we attribute our continued growth to the vibrant, motivated and caring individuals that make up our Thompson + Hanson family.
We're looking for a seasoned sales associate with a passion for sales and customer service.
In a diverse selling environment we're looking for someone who is comfortable selling anything and everything from fashion, and jewelry, to furniture and plants!
If you're a self-starter and are great at working with a small intimate staff, then this job is for you.
Essential Tasks or Responsibilities of the Job:
- Greet all customers.
- Operate POS system.
- Represent the store in a positive manner.
- Folding, straightening, and restocking fashion and home merchandise.
- Keep store organized.
- Dusting, sweeping, and general cleaning daily.
- Help fitting customers and finding sizes for customers.
- Promoting sales through customer service, suggesting other items that may work.
- Keeping a "customer book maintaining communication with regular customers. Letting them know when new items have arrived.
- Learn and perform proper Thompson + Hanson gift wrapping.
- Process customer returns and refunds.
- Learn how to process designer approvals, special orders, and wholesale customer transactions.
- Process employee and family discounts.
- Learn plant codes for ringing up plants.
- Stay updated on merchandise outside in garden.
- Help locate products for customers.