Looking to earn some extra money watching kids after school? The Jewish Community Center is the place for you! Have a part-time job with a non-profit that contributes to making a difference, and gain valuable skills along the way. Working with our JClub Explorers program, you will earn valuable skillsets such as: implementing curriculum and programming, scheduling, leadership skills and reliability. Plus – you will get to have fun and help make a real difference to elementary-aged kids!
The JCC is currently looking to hire for weekday afternoons: 3:15 PM to 6:00 PM Monday through Thursday; 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM Fridays. We ask that applicants can commit to working all of the weekdays mentioned.
Pay rate is $12/hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with JClub Explorers group leaders to implement curriculum and programming.
- Provide support to all JClub Explorers group leaders as needed.
- Substitute for group leader when needed.
- As needed, communicate weekly with families to provide updates and progress reports.
- As needed, liaison with each child’s school teacher to make sure assignments are being completed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: Experience working with elementary school age children in an educational setting preferred.
- Special Skills:
- Sincerely enjoys working with elementary age children;
- Organized and focused;
- Capable of prioritizing;
- Computer literate;
- Able to motivate and influence others.
The JCC requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Jewish Community Center is an EEO and at-will employer.