The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC Early Childhood program is looking for Lead and Assistant Teachers who enjoy are caring, nurturing and love working with Infants – PreK children. The ideal candidate is a team player, who can multi-task and has some experience working with children. If you are looking for an amazing work environment and co-workers who are amazing, the JCC is the place for you.
We have three locations: SE Columbus, New Albany and Worthington. Positions available commensurate upon experience and pay up to $19 per hour
- - Education Min. Required/Preferred: High School Diploma (or GED); some post high school education in early childhood development or similar field preferred.
- - Experience Min. Required/Preferred: Previous experience working with young children; two years minimum preferred.
- - Physical Requirements: Be able physically able to keep up with children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in upkeep of classroom, equipment and materials.
- Maintain safe and clean classroom environment.
- Help the lead teacher(s) to document and maintain communication tools while maintaining confidentiality.
- Supervise all activities to insure the safety of each toddler at all times.
- Abide by and be familiar with ODJFS licensing and SUTQ rules, and submit required forms as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
The JCC requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Pay rate is commensurate with experience.
The Jewish Community Center is an EEO and at-will employer.
Position keywords: Preschool, Pre-K, Pre-kindergarten, Nursery school, childcare, children, early childhood education, toddler, CDA, Child Development Associate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: Up to $19.00 per hour