The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
Position Summary: Participates in all aspects of food preparation and delivery for various JCC activities while maintaining Kashruth standards in an orderly and clean kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in food preparation and packing for delivery for senior lunches, preschool lunches, Columbus Jewish Day School lunches, camp lunches, snacks, JCC events and rentals.
- Check and Retrieve updates in food service order, and check with Chef on the execution of orders.
- Deliver food and utensils to rooms or sites on the JCC campus, if required, off-site.
- Assist with setup, breakdown and cleanup of food service and rental events.
- Label and date all food items when putting away; keep refrigerators neat & orderly.
- Clean and maintain cleanliness of dishes, cooking utensils, kitchen and storage areas at a level required and/or exceeding that which is required for health department and safety standards.
- Put away deliveries in a timely fashion; prioritize frozen and refrigerated items.
- General upkeep of all work areas, including neat and orderly storage of equipment and supplies.
- Provide food preparation, up keep and assistance for the poolside snack bar and the JCafe.
- Learn and maintain Kashruth standards; guide others working in the kitchen so that all food is prepared under strict kosher regulations.
- Responsible for Kaleidoscope program snack.
- Ensures snack is fresh
- Delivered by 3:30, Monday Friday during school year
- Area cleared and cleaned.
- All other duties as assigned.