Closing Date: June 30, 2022 - 9:59 p.m.
The Public Services Assistant I performs basic public service and library support tasks at one or more community libraries or Library on Wheels to contribute to their effective operation, providing library services, spaces, and resources that are representative of diverse cultures and perspectives, intentionally inclusive, and accessible to everyone.
The person selected for the position will work a 15-hour per week flexible schedule including morning, afternoon, evening, and weekends including one evening a week and at least one Sunday every four weeks. Successful candidate may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on library needs.
We Value Lived Experience
Sno-Isle Libraries is committed to embedding equity into our organization. As we engage in equity work, it's important to have a good foundation to frame the work and then provide training opportunities to build skills and knowledge.
We value and embrace the unique experiences our staff members bring to the organization and recognize how their experiences improve the service we provide.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Staffs the library circulation desk, answers phones, checks library materials in and out, registers customers for library cards, and orders various library materials.
- Assists customers with self-checkout machines and answers questions in the hold areas.
- Returns library materials to proper locations and supports circulation duties.
- Provides assistance to library customers with basic reference questions.
- Responds to technical services calls and assists with problems with the fax machines, public copiers, pay-for-print stations, vending machines, and printers.
- Submits and monitors technical reports for library technology service issues.
- Performs other public service and general clerical support tasks as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares correspondences and reports.
- Trains new staff as needed.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position may report to a Library Circulation Supervisor or Supervising Public Services Assistant. Although direct supervision is not a normal part of this position's work, incumbents may be called on to provide task direction to Page staff and library volunteers in absence of a supervisor.