Closing Date: July 1, 2022 - 9:59 p.m.
The Library Associate performs skilled paraprofessional library support services at one or more community libraries or Library on Wheels to contribute to the Library District's effective operation, providing library services, spaces, and resources that are representative of diverse cultures and perspectives, intentionally inclusive, and accessible to everyone. This position works a 15-hour per week schedule which may include morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours including Sundays. Successful candidate may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on library needs.
We Value Lived Experience
Sno-Isle Libraries is committed to embedding equity into our organization. As we engage in equity work, it’s important to have a good foundation to frame the work and then provide training opportunities to build skills and knowledge.
We value and embrace the unique experiences our staff members bring to the organization and recognize how their experiences improve the service we provide.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Provide general, basic reference and information service by: assisting customers in the use of library facilities, equipment, resources, and services. Refer complex readers' advisory and reference questions to a Librarian or appropriate staff member.
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service by performing circulation desk tasks.
- Create and present programming for all customer groups as assigned.
- Develop program materials, including reading lists, promotional displays, and presentation materials.
- Provide training to customers in basic library skills including the use of public computers, catalog and reference computers, Internet, and devices.
- Assist customers in resolving technical problems or issues. Maintain and troubleshoot equipment utilized in a community library.
- Perform other library support services including opening and closing buildings and assisting in maintaining the library in neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Perform collection maintenance activities through the use of reports and data, to include weeding the collection for condition as well as reallocation of library materials.
- May be designated in charge of the community library in the absence of other supervisory staff or building manager.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Make presentations to the public as assigned.
- Prepare correspondences and reports.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Participate on committees or teams as assigned.
- May serve as the volunteer coordinator of a community library.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Positions of the class typically report to a Library Manager, Assistant Library Manager, or Library Circulation Supervisor. Although direct supervision is not a normal part of the position's work, incumbents may be designated as lead people to provide work direction to coworkers or volunteers.