Who We Are
Elevate Outdoor Collective is an alliance of iconic outdoor and winter sports brands with a specialized focus on skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing. With each unique brand maintaining its own individual points of view and driving independent innovation, the Collective is fueled with the strength of world-class development facilities and engineers, global distribution channels and committed outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts and experts. Our brands include K2 Skis, K2 Snowboards, Marker, Dalbello, Völkl, RIDE Snowboards, LINE Skis, Backcountry Access, Atlas Snow Shoe Co., Tubbs Snowshoes, Madshus and K2 Skates.
With an international portfolio of world-renowned brands recognized as trailblazers in innovation, performance and, most importantly, fun times by active lifestyle enthusiasts across the globe, Elevate Outdoor Collective will continue its mission to progress the culture of each and every outdoor endeavor it represents. As “One Team” backed by world-class development facilities and product engineers, incredibly talented athletes and ambassadors and a top-notch crew of employees who live and breathe the outdoor active lifestyle, Elevate Outdoor Collective is eager to take things to the next level.
The Senior Cost Accountant is to manage and analyze the company’s inventory costs and to provide financial insight to support business decisions. This position is responsible for monitoring and analyzing inventory cost variances, identifying areas where cost savings can be achieved, and implementing inventory cost control measures. They work closely with production and operations teams to understand the cost implications of production processes and make recommendations for process improvements to reduce costs.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for US cost accounting, standard cost development, maintenance, and analysis. Monitors standard costs compared to actual costs, identifies variances and researches them for an explanation. Communicates costing strategies to business operations.
- Supports the VP of Accounting in developing and analyzing the company wide transfer pricing strategy and policy. Updates and maintains transfer pricing analysis throughout the year. Communicates transfer pricing strategies to business operations.
- Works with the FP&A team to provide input into the inventory budgets/forecasts along with intercompany sales and margin budget/forecast.
- Coordinates year-end physical inventories and maintains cycle count program for all US entities. Responsible for research and explanation of differences between the perpetual inventory records and the general ledger.
- Maintains and audits cost files for all finished goods and manufacturing part numbers including material, labor, and overhead breakdown for accuracy. Responsible for inventory control and valuation.
- Supports business operations in the understanding of financial information in addition to the identification of costing issues or opportunities.
- Analyzes trends, variances, and any problem areas and provides information on alternative methods and/or procedures.
- Assists in the coordination of the external audit activities including all supporting schedules and documentation as required. Remains up-to-date on all accounting principles and practices, and recommends improved methods and procedures.
- Assists in the closing of US books, including the preparation of necessary journal entries, reconciliations, accruals, and balancing of the general ledger. Maintains ledger analysis and a detailed understanding of general ledger account balances.
- Review and analysis of purchase price variance accounts.
- Calculating and reconciling monthly intercompany profit eliminations.
- Prepare and review revenue cutoff process and calculations at year end
- Assists the VP of Accounting with other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2+ years in a standard costing manufacturing environment as a cost accountant.
- Advanced Excel experience required.
- Implementing or reviewing cycle count programs and results
- Organized and focused on hitting deadlines.
- Oracle NetSuite experience a plus
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Working on computer
This is a SALARY position with Elevate Outdoor Collective. The pay range for this role is $80,000-$100,000 annually.
Full-Time employees at Elevate Outdoor Collective are also eligible for the below benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance first of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401k Employer % Match
- 10 paid Holidays
- Accrued sick and paid time off
- Access to our EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Elevate Outdoor Collective and its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View the EEO is the Law poster here http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.