RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS)
We are recruiting to hire a full-time Family Specialist based in Mesa, Arizona to assist families in the foster/adoption licensing process who reside in Pinal County, AZ communities of San Tan Valley, City of Maricopa, Casa Grande and Florence. The Family Specialist provides services to foster/adoptive parents and developmental homes for individuals through compliance with all regulations and policies with the implementation of the RISE mission, vision and values statement Creating Opportunities for and With People!
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a family caseload of 25-30 cases
- Foster Parents Training Instructor Rotation
- Attending monthly consultations with families including court hearings, Foster Care Review Board (FCRB) meetings, and Child and Family Team me (CFTS) meetings
- Writing home studies, renewals, midterms, and amendments
- Act as a liaison with DCS
- Participating in Emergency Phone Rotation
- Advocating and educating your foster and adoptive families, being a community resource and support to them